Throwing a baby or bridal shower? Want to keep it lively and within a reasonable time frame, no matter how many guests are invited? Then try the new and oh so popular “Display Shower”. You and your guests will love the ease and relaxing touch this entails!
Fun yet fast and efficient, the “Display Shower” is a dream come to true for the bride, mother-to-be, hostess and the guests. Essentially, the guests bring unwrapped gifts which are put on display on at dessert time!
Here are 5 easy steps to get your Display Shower on your way!
1. On the invitation politely request unwrapped gifts and include a gift tag. Here’s a fun little rhyme that you can use:
"Tradition is changing and showers are too, so here’s an idea we’re hoping you do.
Bring your gift without paper or a bag, simply use a bow and the enclosed tag.
An unwrapped present is just as sweet and will save more time to mingle and eat.
We’ll display your thoughtful gifts for all to see, then relax and honor theBride (or Mom)-To-Be!"
2. You’ll need extra table space so the gifts can be displayed visually appealing with room to walk around, view and mingle. Staggered heights also give it aboutique look.
3. You’ll also need 1 or 2 dedicated displayers who’ll greet guests, receive their gifts (making sure they are identified with a pretty gift tag)and beautifully display the gifts in the “boutique.”
4. After an hour or so of food and drink the bride or mom-to-be and hostess(es) visit the gift room. They have this time to absorb and enjoy all the wonderful gifts. It’s a perfect photo opportunity as well!
5. At dessert time, guests are invited to walk around the presentation table and view the gift. This gives the bride or mom-to-be an opportunity to thank each guest, giving each a sense that their gift was seen and appreciated. Serving “stand up” mini desserts for ease of mix and mingling while the guests socialize and view your gifts.
Contact Fern Hill today at 586-286-4700 to book your baby or bridal shower or reach out to us on the contact form on our website.